Have a shortage in creativity? Need to practice data visualization but all of your ideas are thesis-sized? I sure do.
This November, I’ll be tackling these problems by creating one-off, kind of silly, data visualizations every day.
- Design a data visualization, following a suggested prompt below or creating your own. Can be doodled or designed in any platform.
- Don’t overthink it. Be as weird as you’d like. In fact, I suggest timing yourself for 30 minutes from start to finished visualization.
- Tweet your viz using #VizVember.
Prompts for each day
- Pumpkin spice
- Daylight savings time
- Time spent doing things
- Ears (Microtia Awareness Day)
- Coffee mugs
- What’s in your refrigerator (National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day)
- Stuffed animals
- Things that are absurd
- Throwing away garbage
- Excessive consumption
- Packages,boxes, and bags